After finishing my engineering dissertation, today is a day to get some coding done before starting on the next assignment sprint tomorrow.
The result is version 1.6.0 of Wristponder!
New features include:
- The maximum length of a response has been raised from 40 to 100 characters.
- Option to auto-start the watchapp when an SMS or phone call is received.
- Option to receive a notification when the SMS send is successful or fails. This is good for when signal is weak and takes longer than the alert dialog timeout.
- Sorting the list of responses now triggers a sync of responses where it incorrectly did not previously. Full manual sorting is coming soon, when I figure out the UI processes to use.
- The watchapp is now built with SDK 2.0.2. Sorry this transition from BETA6 took so long.
As a result, both the Android and watchapp require updating. The good news is that the new watchapp is bundled with the Android app with an improved side-loading mechanism that looks more robust, I hope.
A set of selectable Favourite contacts is also coming soon, but requires significant UI modification, more than a day’s work. Stay tuned for that.